English Language Arts
- I can write my name.
- I can name and sound out the letters of the alphabet.
- I practice my high frequency words once a day with my family.
- I can sound out words and break them up into syllables.
- I can speak and write in complete sentences.
- I can name the parts of a book such as the title, author, illustrator, spine, front cover, and back cover.
- I can write sentences using correct punctuation and capitalization.
- I can identify and sort words into basic categories.
- I read or my family reads to me every day.
- I can count 20 things.
- I can add or subtract numbers to 10.
- I can add and subtract to solve word problems (I can use objects to help solve math problems).
- I can count to 100 by ones and tens.
- I can focus on an activity for at least 10-15 minutes with minimal disruptions based on level of interest.
- I can follow one and two-step instructions.
- I can speak in complete sentences.
- I can separate easily from my parents.
- I can use a pencil/crayon and scissors correctly.
- I share my school folder with my family every day to organize and review assignments.
- I can get along with other children and wait my turn.
- I can contribute to conversation and express my ideas without interrupting others.
- I know my left from my right.
- I visited a local museum or nature center.
- I have a library card and visit my local library once a week.
- I visit my local park once a week.
- I have a Scholars Savings Account and I am saving for college!
- I can save money in a piggy bank or jar.
- I know that adults work to earn money and that money is needed to buy things.
- I play store and use real or pretend money to exchange for goods
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) talk to my teacher about my progress in school.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) know how to read my report card/progress report.
- My parent(s)/family member participates in a class or school activity at least two times a year.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) communicate with other parents in my class.
- I can talk to my parent(s)/guardian(s) about my school work and what I am learning.
- I know what college is and know that I can attend college.
- My parents talk to me about the progression of school, from kindergarten
- to elementary school, to middle school, to high school and on to college.
- I am starting to save for college with a Scholars Savings Account or other 529 program.
Health and Wellness
- I brush my teeth twice a day.
- I know it‛s important to wash my hands regularly – for 20 seconds. (As long as it takes
- to sing Happy Birthday two times)
- I sleep 9-12 hours at night.
- I do a variety of physical activities.
- I spend at least 60 minutes a day on physical exercise (including vigorous activity, and
- strengthening muscles and bones).
- I know words for my feelings and can use the words to share my feelings with others.
- I spend family time device-free.
- I find balance in my digital life.
- I care about everyone‛s privacy.
For more information:
To find out more about saving for college or to enroll in a college savings account click here.
To find your local library click here.
To find your local parks and recreation options click here.
To download a printable version, please click on the language you wish