Step 1: This is a resource for all of your high school journey. Use this key to see when we recommend you complete each
milestone. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
Step 2: Use the descriptions below to help you find the information you are looking for!
Preparing for the Journey:
Familiarize yourself with the college
requirements you need to complete by the
end of high school.
Support for Travelers:
Find out what college readiness resources
are available at your schoo.l
Follow these tips to prepare for college level coursework.
Funding the Journey:
Find out how you can be financially ready to
pay for college early.
Finding your destination:
Keep track of all the applications and deadlines throughout the college application process.
Check off these extra steps to make your college application stand out!
- I am on track to complete the A-G requirements. 11th, 12th
- I understand the minimum requirements to be eligible to apply to a CSU or UC. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th.
- I know that a passing score on AP exams can earn college credit in general education or lower division major courses. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- I am drafting my responses to the Personal Insight Questions (PIQs) and receiving feedback. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- I have met with a community college representative to expand my options for higher education. 12th
- I have begun exploring job interests using a career interest survey at my high school Career Center. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- I utilize a planner to organize my day and track deadlines. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- I take on equal responsibility when working with a group. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- I remember to stay professional on social media and can set limits on screen time. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
I understand basic finance (e.g. tax, income, good credit, insurance). 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- I have set up my Cal Grant online account (WebGrants 4 Students) as a part of my financial aid application process. 12th
- I know that CSU, UC and financial aid applications (FAFSA, Dream Act) open on October 1st. 11th, 12th
- I am aware the CSU and UC application deadline is November 30th. 11th, 12th
- I plan to turn in my financial aid forms by March 2nd of my Senior Year. 12th. FAFSA DREAM
- I know that I need to return my “Intent to Register” forms to my chosen college before May 1st. 12th
- I understand that dual enrollment classes can offer transfer credits for UC/CSU. 10th, 11th, 12th
- I have joined a college access program at my school (Upward Bound, Cal-Soap, Talent Search, AVID). 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- I have at least 2 people in mind to ask for a letter of recommendation. 11th, 12th
- I understand that colleges favor applications with extra curricular involvement such as: sports, clubs or internships. 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
How to: Library Catalog
The El Monte Promise Foundation is a project of Community Partners, a non-profit public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The El Monte Promise Foundation is located at the Jeff Seymour Family Center, 10900 Mulhall Street,
El Monte, CA 91731