English Language Arts
- I can analyze what I read to understand the author’s purpose.
- I can participate in discussions about what I have read.
- I can write multiple paragraphs for different styles of writing.
- I can locate information in a text.
- I can recognize Greek and Latin roots of words to help me understand their meaning.
- I understand which style of writing to use for my school assignments (including purpose and audience).
- If I am an English Learner, my family understands my place in the reclassification
- process and I understand the importance of reclassifying by 5th grade.
- I read for at least 30 minutes every day.
- I can organize fractions and decimals on a number line. I can recognize equivalent
- fractions and multiply fractions by a whole number.
- I can round my numbers up or down.
- I can solve word problems using variables, symbols, and units of measurement.
- I can name geometric terms and shapes.
- I can add/subtract numbers within 1,000,000. I can multiply/divide numbers within 1,000,000 to and by single-digit numbers.
- I prepare for my next day of school by setting my alarm and preparing my clothes.
- I can write down my assignments and work on my own to complete them.
- I know how to use online and print resources to find answers.
- I know internet sources that are reliable.
- I understand how to log in and use a computer or tablet to access online school programs.
- I can lead and participate in a group project.
- I know I can get help from my parent(s), guardian(s) or teachers if I don‛t understand.
- I use a planner or agenda, and dividers and binders to keep track of and organize my assignments.
- I understand how to read my report card/progress report.
- I know how to take notes and use them when I study or complete assignments.
- I can make a ‘to do‛ list and prioritize my time.
- I visited a local museum or nature center.
- I have a library card and visit my local library once a week.
- I visit my local park once a week.
- I have visited a bank and/or credit union.
- I have seen a live musical or theatrical production.
- I am saving for college with a Scholars Savings Account or other 529 program.
- I talk with my parents about money.
- I can buy something and know how to get change.
- I can make lists and prioritize needs and wants.
- I can set a savings goal and estimate the time it will take to reach my savings goal.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) talk to my teacher about my progress in school.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) know how to read my report card/progress report.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) goes to workshops/school activities at my school at
- least two times a year.
- My family knows what my learning goals are, and my learning plans if I am in
- an English Learner Program or have an IEP.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) communicate with other parents in my class.
- I help out my family at home with things like doing chores or cooking a meal.
- I share my school agenda with my family every day to organize/review
- classwork and homework.
- I understand my culture and know the importance of respecting diversity.
- I understand that doing well in school will help me get to college.
- I understand that many jobs require different types of college degrees.
- I have looked at the website of at least 3 different colleges or universities and can name a college I would like to attend.
Health and Wellness
- Health and Wellness
- I sleep 9-12 hours at night.
- I do a variety of physical activities.
- I spend at least 60 minutes a day on physical exercise (including vigorous activity, and strengthening muscles and bones).
- I eat a variety of nutritious foods that include fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- I can understand my feelings and the feelings of others.
- I can express and manage my feelings in productive ways, and can ask for help when I need it.
- I find balance in my digital life.
- I care about everyone‛s privacy.
- I know the power of my words and actions.
- I define who I am.
- I am a critical thinker and creator.
For more information:
To find out more about saving for college or to enroll in a college savings account click here.
To find your local library click here.
To find your local parks and recreation options click here.
Download a printable Spanish version of the 4th grade roadmap HERE