English Language Arts
- I understand that words can have multiple meanings.
- I can write a story with multiple paragraphs.
- I understand the difference between past, present, and future tense.
- I can use a dictionary and glossary.
- I can read and discuss a story including fables, folktales, myths, poetry, and drama.
- I can create charts and graphs for presentations.
- I read for fun and to learn about things I like.
- I can sign my name in cursive.
- I read for at least 30 minutes every day.
- I can multiply and divide numbers 0 – 10.
- I understand place values of 1,000 or more.
- I can multiply, divide, add, and subtract to solve 2-step word problems.
- I understand simple fractions as part of a whole and have a place on the number line.
- I can calculate the perimeter and area of shapes.
- I prepare for my next day of school by setting my alarm and preparing my clothes.
- I can write down my assignments and work on my own to complete them.
- I know how to use online and print resources to find answers.
- I understand how to log in and use a computer or tablet to access online school programs.
- I can lead and participate in a group project.
- I know I can get help from my parent(s), guardian(s) or teachers if I don‛t understand.
- I make sure I organize my notebook and school supplies every day using items like dividers and binders
- I visited a local museum or nature center.
- I have a library card and visit my local library once a week.
- I visit my local park once a week.
- I have visited a bank and/or credit union.
- I visited my local public service organizations such as my police station, fire station or hospital.
- I am saving for college with a Scholars Savings Account or other 529 program.
- I understand that there are different ways to earn money.
- I know how to compare prices.
- I can make lists and prioritize needs and wants.
- I know there are different ways to pay for things, such as credit cards, debit cards, checks or cash.
- I know that buying things online costs real money.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) talk to my teacher about my progress in school.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) know how to read my report card/progress report.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) goes to workshops/school activities at my school at least two times a year.
- My family knows what my learning goals are, and my learning plans if I am in an English Learner Program or have an IEP.
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) communicate with other parents in my class.
- I go outside and play with my family at least once a week.
- I help out my family at home with cleaning or other chores.
- I share my school agenda with my family every day to organize/review classwork and homework.
- I know that I can go to college!
- I understand that doing well in school will help me get to college.
- I understand that college comes after high school.
- I know the difference between a college and a university.
Health and Wellness
- I sleep 9-12 hours at night.
- I do a variety of physical activities.
- I spend at least 60 minutes a day on physical exercise (including vigorous activity, and strengthening muscles and bones).
- I eat a variety of nutritious foods that include fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- I can understand my feelings and the feelings of others.
- I can express and manage my feelings in productive ways, and can ask for help when I need it.
- I find balance in my digital life.
- I care about everyone‛s privacy.
- I know the power of my words and actions.
- I define who I am.
- I am a critical thinker and creator.
For more information:
To find out more about saving for college or to enroll in a college savings account click here.
To find your local library click here.
To find your local parks and recreation options click here.
Download a printable Spanish version of the 3rd grade roadmap HERE.