Community Engagement programs
- Abriendo Puertas-Opening Doors (AP-OD) Program: Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors is the first evidence-based program developed by and for Latino parents with children ages 0-5. AP-OD builds parent leadership skills and knowledge through in-person training to promote family wellbeing and positive outcomes for children. EMPF is an AP-OD Partner because we believe supporting parents and amplifying their voices is critical to strengthen families and community wellbeing.
- Asian Pacific Islander (API) Advisory Committee: The API Committee is designed to be a grouping of community stakeholders committed to making sure that Asian Pacific Islanders are advocated for and empowered by the El Monte Promise Foundation.
- Early Development Indicators (EDI): From a contract agreement with the El Monte City School District established in August 2019 and a partnership with the Mountain View School District, the EMPF seeks to utilize initial findings from the EDI study as a data-informed strategy to guide the EMPF’s decision-making processes.
- Parent Advisory Committee: The Parent Advisory Committee serves as a platform for parents, guardians, grandparents, and community members to inform the ways EMPF can continuously adapt and respond to our families’ needs across the community. In addition, the committee allows for EMPF to promote awareness among parents about college opportunities and the college-going process and build financial preparedness for the cost of college attendance.
- Student Advisory Committee: The Student Advisory Committee engages students in a relevant, relational, and rigorous way to develop and promote creativity, critical thinking, and leadership skills.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
Our MISSION is to ensure a college-ready culture in the El Monte region and surrounding communities.
Our VISION is a community that supports its children to reach their full potential.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Education then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great equalizer, the balance-wheel of the social machinery.”
— Horace Mann